Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- We will fix an issue where clicking on the search bar during the loading process could prevent search suggestions from appearing.
- We will fix a bug that could cause WAM to display a blank page.
- We recently pushed a fix live for a bug where clicking on the search bar too early could cause the page to go blank
Other Notable Changes
- The Community Page feature will receive a significant visual refresh, plus some feature updates.
- The page has been reorganised and given a new look, with a clearer set of calls to action.
- The heading image now pulls in the one locally chosen for Discussions if no Community Page-specific image has been uploaded, and the banner text can be edited.
- Content and discussions moderators are now listed, as are recent new contributors, and user group badges have been added throughout.
- The 'to do' list section no longer has a height limit and has been renamed to allow more freedom in how it is used, and the 'Wanted Pages' section has been removed.
- Pressing the 'Escape' key will now close the expanded search box.
- Some communities will see an updated style of pagination on category pages, located below rather than above the lists.
- Displayed user profile group tags now include 'Content Moderators'. (Live in previous site update)
Select Known Issues
- We are investigating an issue where the 'Message Wall' link on the global navigation bar can sometimes point to the wrong language page.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|