Welcome to I Made a Thing!
A multi-disciplinary game in which a piece of creative work forms the beginning of a chain of artworks by individuals working in any medium or genre.
1. You receive a ‘creative product’ (either physically or through access to it on the blog) and access to the blog.
2. You make a ‘thing’ in response to any of the blog posts
3. You add your ‘thing’ to the blog (or send pictures to the blog admin)
4. You pass your ‘thing’ or a link to it to your chosen successor
Any medium, genre, discipline or style is equally welcome: music, words, visual art, sculpture, soundscape etc., whatever you’re comfortable in. The only stipulation is that it needs to go into the blog.
The rules are similar to brainstorming;
· No negativity
· All ideas are valid
· Every idea is welcome, even dumb or crazy ones
· Build on other people's ideas
Disruption and creative adjacencies are part of the game!
Blog posts can be visual, written, audible, whatever – but must be accompanied by a sentence describing the relationship between your piece and the one(s) before.
When you're sent your object or link, create something then upload picture(s) to a new blog post.