Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- I frequently get the comment of "You look so happy!", both in real life and online, here on Wikia. While the given remark has a variety of truth to it, I, too, have had my share of struggles. I am posting this blog not because I want to exchange a sob story, but because I would like to bring a new light in Wikians.
- I was born six weeks premature, on August 27, 1998, and from thereon, my parents could tell something was wrong. I acted much differently- and it was later revealed I had Autism and ADHD, and if I turned out the way expected, I would also develop eating disorders (which I did not), depression, and anxiety. As I grew up, I was bullied a lot. These past three years in particular have been a blessing with some rough patches. When I joined Wikia, I was fleeing from a cyberbullying website. I was a decent editor, yes, but I was immature. I lacked wisdom and kindness.
- While this isn't even half the length of my story, I think I'll stop there. =P
- But either way, my mistakes will never define me. Nor does my bitter past. Nachtide is the name I have chosen to represent me- the after tide of the storm that was my life.
How This Applies to Wikia
- So, I know we all have our differences. Everybody here on Wikia is different. But it is the Wikian friendships I have formed that quite literally saved me. I could probably list out every member of my close Wikian friends, and tag them with the trait they have generously given me.
- Granted, there's always going to be trolls. There's no doubt about that. Always. However, what about the misguided members? Yes, I'm talking about the members who cause drama and fight constantly. I was one of those members. I was defensive and excessively arrogant, and it definitely took a kind soul (several actually) to accept my mistakes, and nudge me on the right path.
- So, the next time you see somebody in chat causing drama, before you leap to your keyboard and start attacking people, I ask you to think. Think about the person behind the screen- not the person you assume is behind the name. Reconsider the situation. Maybe that person is having a rough day? While that doesn't excuse directly disobeying rules, you should still try to be a guide.
- Without a guide, I wouldn't be the person I am today.
-- Lots of love, Nachtide