Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia! As usual, please note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
As mentioned in previous notes, we are in a trial period of releasing twice per week, on Tuesday and Thursday. The benefits of making this change are that updates get released faster, and individual releases are smaller and more manageable. This week, we are posting this single technical update blog, containing details of yesterday's and tomorrow's releases.
In the future, when needed, the technical update will include a 'Looking Ahead' section to give details of high-profile changes expected the following week. As readers of the technical update blogs, we welcome your feedback as we move through this trial period.
- Sharing of article pages on social media sites can now be accomplished via simple hand gestures. For example, the 'thumbs up' gesture will instantly share a page to your Facebook Timeline, and the 'flying bird' gesture will post a link to your Twitter feed. We plan to support sharing to Google+ via the 'eye roll' facial expression in a future release.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The WikiFeatures Feedback button for Hero Image has been fixed.
- The "Best practices" button in the classic editor's preview dialog has been updated to point to local community help pages languages (in that community's content language).
- Facebook login will be fixed for a couple of communities (sites on the wikia.com domain were not affected).
Select Known Issues
- We are looking into an issue that is preventing the WikiFeatures Achievements switch from working on some brand-new communities.
- Next week, due to the Easter holiday, we will only have one release, which will take place on Thursday, April 9. The technical update blog post will be posted on Wednesday, April 8.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|