Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- Chat will receive some stability and performance improvements.
- Several fixes for right rail Chat module behaviour will go live, such as no longer skipping over avatars when scrolling the list.
- Note: these changes require users to refresh chat. We recommend using the method listed on this help page.
- Also note: some custom Chat scripts may need to be updated as a result of today's update.
- There was an issue earlier today that caused some article/blog comments to be posted twice. This has been fixed, and duplicate comments can be deleted.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The ability to create article and blog comments will be established as a standalone permission ("commentcreate") and given to all users by default.
- Commenting will remain unavailable to logged-out users on communities with anonymous editing disabled.
- This change will allow Wikia to, upon request, disable anonymous commenting for a community but leave anonymous article editing available. Before submitting a request for this change, admins should discuss it with their community and link to that discussion in the request.
- Creation of article and blog comments will be possible using the MediaWiki API.
- Many thanks to the Volunteer Developers for this set of changes!
- MediaWiki:Oasis-comments-header (shown above the comment section) now uses wikitext parsing, and is editable by admins.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|