Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- This week we are updating the way the editor preference behaves: rather than being a basic "on/off" switch that can result in users experiencing three quite different editors across Wikia, it is becoming a drop-down preference that gives users more control. Note that users should notice no difference unless they choose to alter the setting. Please see Help:VisualEditor for more details.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Community Messages on WikiActivity displayed broken 'Edit' links when section headers were used.
- The Special:Contact description input was too wide, causing layout problems in Chrome.
- The Special:Promote page was not accepting new image uploads.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Game Guides version 2.3.1 for iOS is released, which includes search improvements and bug fixes.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|