Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights. Note: this release has been delayed to Thursday.
- The Game Guides 2.0 smartphone app and the My Wikia iPad app were released last week.
- In the Video Embed Tool, it is now possible to enter a description when adding a video to a wiki, which can be helpful for search engine optimization. Existing descriptions from the Wikia Video Library or YouTube will be used by default.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Fixed gallery images sometimes being incorrectly aligned when previewing a page.
- When writing links in source mode, the link suggestion dropdown should no longer be able to extend below the bottom of the browser window.
- Namespaces are no longer stripped from search queries.
- 'Go-Search' is no longer case sensitive.
- RecentChanges now displays Forum boards with slashes ('/') in their name correctly.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
The new layout for file pages, currently visible here on Community Central and the Wikia Video Library, is released to all English wikis. By focusing more on the content pages that include the file, this update helps to optimize the pages for visitors coming directly from search engine results.See this update.
- Cross-wiki search is getting a facelift.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Sliders are not cropping large media to fit the slider area, sometimes resulting in black bars. (Note: the slider works best with media 670px wide by 360px tall).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|