Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Update: Due to the ongoing work around site security work (mentioned below), we have decided to delay today's update - the planned changes will come later this week instead.
Major Bug Fixes
- When trying to publish Lua Module pages, errors will now correctly be reported to the user.
- The 'Disable category module' user preference will be restored to working order.
- Insights pagination will show the correct number of pages.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Insights lists will be added for the ongoing Flags beta.
- Help:PortableInfoboxes will receive some tweaks to simplify and improve the code.
Select Known Issues
- Please see Thread:890734 for updates on the recent security issue on Wikia. At the time of this posting, custom JS has been disabled to help protect users.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|