Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The Edit drop-down menu was obscured by the video on video file pages, in Internet Explorer 10.
- The Edit button was not changing to 'View Source' when cascading protection was involved, in some cases.
- Redirected images were not being counted toward an image's usage total during ImageServing selection.
Other Notable Changes
- Game Guides 2.2 is released for Android. This update includes search enhancements and bug fixes.
- The signature character limit has been increased from 256 to 1200.
- The structure of the sliders has changed slightly. We have converted the slider's CSS files over to SCSS. After the release tomorrow, if sliders are showing up incorrectly, edit the page and save it to fix the issue.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|