Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- The VisualEditor will now alert users again when they're about to close a tab with edits in progress.
- VisualEditor edits that are prevented due to by spam filters will now show the correct error message.
- The buttons to edit media and templates in the VisualEditor will no longer appear in the wrong position.
- Wikia Maps will now be displayed as expected on Android 2.3 devices.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- An icon linked to an image's file page will show upon hover in the lower right corner of image and video thumbnails.
- The VisualEditor's source editor will be able to be closed while it is loading.
- The Chat right rail module will appear above the Videos module for logged-in users.
- When creating a map pin, the 'associated article' suggestions will be selectable using the keyboard.
- Regional restrictions for licensed videos will be displayed on a video's file page under the video player.
- Special:ListFiles will now include delete links, for quick maintenance work. Thanks, Volunteer Developers!
Select Known IssuesEdit
- We are currently investigating some instability issues with the chat servers.
- We are continuing to work on getting the welcome tool behavior back to normal (where welcome tool edits are assigned to User:Wikia).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|