Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- The VisualEditor will now alert users again when they're about to close a tab with edits in progress.
- VisualEditor edits that are prevented due to by spam filters will now show the correct error message.
- The buttons to edit media and templates in the VisualEditor will no longer appear in the wrong position.
- Wikia Maps will now be displayed as expected on Android 2.3 devices.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- An icon linked to an image's file page will show upon hover in the lower right corner of image and video thumbnails.
- The VisualEditor's source editor will be able to be closed while it is loading.
- The Chat right rail module will appear above the Videos module for logged-in users.
- When creating a map pin, the 'associated article' suggestions will be selectable using the keyboard.
- Regional restrictions for licensed videos will be displayed on a video's file page under the video player.
- Special:ListFiles will now include delete links, for quick maintenance work. Thanks, Volunteer Developers!
Select Known IssuesEdit
- We are currently investigating some instability issues with the chat servers.
- We are continuing to work on getting the welcome tool behavior back to normal (where welcome tool edits are assigned to User:Wikia).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|