Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- A gap was appearing between level 2 and level 3 navigation menus, on special pages with Admin Dashboard styling.
- Special:AdminDashboard pageview statistics were not updating.
- The video addition tool will now give Wikia Video Library suggestions on non-English wikis. (This fix is already live)
- User namespace page titles that contained a colon were not fully displayed. (This fix is already live)
- When subpages were listed in Search results, the subpage title was not displayed. (This fix is already live)
Other Notable Changes
- Special:TagsReport now indicates pages that have been deleted since the report was generated, and includes the report generation date and time shown at the top of the page.
- This page also no longer requires the user to click on the checkbox. Clicking anywhere on the line selects the checkbox now.
- In Wikia's mobile skin, images smaller than 30x30px will not be included in the media gallery lightbox.
This section will showcase CSS-related changes. Please note that there may be minor changes beyond what is listed here.
- This class selector was used to differentiate the old wiki navigation bar from the new version. Now that there is only the new version (V2), this class is redundant.
- Moving forward, this class selector will no longer be needed. Styles dependent on this class have been merged into core styles.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|