Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- The Wikia Mobile Skin gets a design update and some new features. Watch the Staff Blog for more details later this week!
- Fluid editor preview now includes an option to preview a page in the Mobile Skin.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The content of the user toolbar is back to being aligned to the left edge of the content area.
- On WikiActivity, Forum usernames linked to Walls even on wikis without Message Wall enabled. Thanks go to the Volunteer Developers.
- On Special:Contributions, links to user Message Walls were broken. Thanks go to the Volunteer Developers.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- All communities are updated with fluid layout and Special:CSS.
Select Known Issues
- There are problems with horizontal scrolling in Special:CSS on tablets.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|