Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Special:Search now has filtering and sorting options in the Photos and Videos section. The Search page on the Wikia Video Library also includes a category filter, to assist in finding licensed video content for your wiki.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- The Editor had reverted to using an old monospace font for source mode.
- Tables of contents were only displaying H2 headers for anonymous users.
- If multiple section links (i.e. [[Page#section1]]) were on a page, the links would all point to the first instance of a section link.
- The "Hide my achievements on my profile from everybody" preference was not being applied.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- Slider galleries' native alignment is changed to center. Left or right alignment of sliders should be done with CSS when needed.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Clicking the "More Info" button while in the video lightbox is leading to a blank screen instead of displaying the desired information (thumbnail, title, file links, etc.)
- Usernames with commas in them cannot send or receive private messages in Special:Chat.
- The <fb> tag, which allows for users to embed Facebook feeds on their wikis, is currently not rendering.
- Special:ListUsers is giving incorrect edit counts for editors with rights.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|