Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Keep track of your contributions across Wikia!
- We will be introducing a new feature called "User Activity", available as a tab on your user profile pages on Community Central, which will list all the Wikia communities where you have made edits.
- Remember that community you founded two years ago and forgot about? Forgot that you once posted your aunt's egg salad recipe on Recipes Wiki? Look back in time and check out where you've edited before, and see if some return visits are needed!
- Note: this information is only visible for your own account.
Major Bug Fixes
- Late last week we identified and fixed and issue that could cause some community founders to receive duplicate emails.
- Forum and Message Wall threads that have replies with duplicate numbers (i.e. multiple replies identified as #2) will be fixed. The fix will also renumber subsequent replies on affected threads. This means that some links to specific replies, such as those in old email notifications or those manually created elsewhere, may become incorrect. This fix i being done via a script that is beginning today and running over the course of this week.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- When creating or editing a template, you can now publish directly from the Template Type dialog.
- Admins will see an option to “Bulk edit template types” under the Edit button dropdown, for categories containing 1 or more templates. Using this feature will override any existing classifications and will edit all templates in the category.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|