Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Some issues with the behavior of global search will be fixed, particularly around special character encoding. These fixes are already live.
- An issue that prevented some videos from playing in Monobook will be fixed.
- A situation that caused some notifications to use too many lines will be fixed.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We have overhauled the Facebook Connect feature to be more intuitive and reliable.
- The behavior for banner notifications (green/red bars that appear after certain actions) has been updated:
- Most notifications now require manual dismissal, restoring previous behavior.
- Notifications within modals will auto-dismiss after 10 seconds. Example: the error message seen if you try to upload a non-image file as your avatar.
Select Known Issues
Pageview statistics on the Admin Dashboard are not being reported correctly - we are working to get this back to normal as soon as possible.A fix for this issue is now live!
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|