Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- This will be the final scheduled release of 2015.
- Normal releases will resume on January 7, 2016. Happy New Year from everyone at Wikia!
Major Bug Fixes
- Tabbed images on Portable Infoboxes are now functional when using Preview in the classic editor.
- Tabbed images on Portable Infoboxes now work on Monobook.
- CAPTCHA was not working in VisualEditor, in some cases.
- In some cases, images from Portable Infoboxes were not being used to represent the page elsewhere on the community (for example, on category pages).
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The template editor now includes a link to the Infobox Preview tool.
- Template classification changes are now shown on Special:Log
- Insights and other special pages now use template classification to understand what is and what is not an infobox.
- Template redirects will no longer appear on the "Unorganized templates" Insights list or on Special:Templates.
- Users now see the template (ACE) editor when migrating an infobox.
- HTML title tags now have a standard format across all of Wikia. See this forum thread for more details.
- MediaWiki:Talkpageheader, MediaWiki:Chat, MediaWiki:Custom404page-noarticletext-alternative-found, MediaWiki:Edit, MediaWiki:Editnotice, MediaWiki:Editnotice-* (i.e. all variations) have been added to the whitelist.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|