Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- A third round of planned updates to the global navigation will be arriving - this week's update will include:
- Notifications listed in a separate menu, with improved behaviour for high numbers of notifications
- A search button in the search box
- Larger avatar icons, and slightly thinner bar overall
Major Bugs Fixed
- Special:CSS will now use a consistent font across all languages, helping solve an issue with certain Asian languages, including Chinese.
- Anonymous and new users will no longer encounter reCAPTCHA problems when trying to add a new external link to a wikia. This fix is already live!
- The classic editor will no longer show
<span>tags next to the "X notifications" info. This fix is already live!
- WEBP images will no longer be saved (incorrectly) as PNG files.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Over 40 new Community Apps based on gaming, entertainment and lifestyle communities have recently been released to the iOS App Store and Google Play Store!
- iOS Community Apps that are already in the app store will be getting an update with a new tab bar for easier and more intuitive access to menu and navigation options.
- Similar to a previous update to the Forum Activity module, the full title of a thread can now be seen when mousing over link on the 'Related Threads' module. (Thanks, Volunteer Developers!)
- Last week's note about the "Weekly Update from Wikia" emails returning must unfortunately be retracted, as an issue was uncovered while the digest content began to accrue. We'll confirm the return of these emails in a future technical update.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|