Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Sliders no longer render
";in the top left corner if any of the images are linked to articles.
- Fixed some issues with accessing Message Walls while using the Monobook skin, especially the walls of anonymous users.
- When viewing the Wikia skin on a mobile device, the link to return to the mobile skin was missing in some cases.
Other Notable Changes
- Main page diffs will now render their preview using the correct width.
- Additional fixes for situations where deleting then create-protecting a page would give an error message.
- Clicking links in the editor's Preview dialog will now open them in a new tab (and no longer require use of the context menu).
- The 'Forgot your password?' link now works on Monobook.
- Special:WantedPages will stop incorrectly listing Help and MediaWiki pages. Scripts to update this page on wikis will begin to run after the release, so the change will not be immediate.
Select Known Issues
- Blog comments' mini-editor is converting entities to characters when editing a comment. (
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|