Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Forums and Message Wall threads were not always showing the latest content. This fix is already live.
- Images with names containing '?' (and certain other special characters) had broken thumbnails. This fix is already live.
- New user accounts were not listed in Special:Log/newusers. This fix is already live.
- Lazy Loading behavior improved for images within scrollable divs.
- Long page titles caused layout problems in Internet Explorer 11.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The gallery and slideshow RSS feed parameter is being retired - galleries and slideshows using this parameter will simply stop showing.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|