Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- The first round of planned updates to the global navigation will be arriving, including a revised layout, reduced heights, and updated search options. More updates will be coming in future releases.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The 'Views' data in Quick Stats on Admin Dashboard was showing incorrect values. Note: this fix is already live.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Link suggestions will now be available when posting comments and wall and forum posts (in source mode). Thanks, Volunteer Developers!
- We plan to switch database downloads from gzip to 7z compression for improved speed and file sizes after this week's release. Existing links should continue to work, but new links will use the new format.
Select Known Issues
- We are temporarily removing the 'Weekly Digest' option from Preferences, while we work on fixing and improving that feature. (Digest emails themselves have not been sent out for some time).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|