Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
As last week's release was cancelled, this week's release includes all last week's updates and more.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- In the source mode editor, on low resolutions with the sidebar collapsed, some toolbar buttons were unclickable.
- Database download URLs were missing for closed wikis.
- Headings from display:none sections were included in the Table of Contents.
- The close and remove options for Wall and Forum threads were broken in Monobook.
- Fixed gallery images being chosen instead of infobox images when representing articles.
- Over the holidays, article histories on several wikis acted unusually, sometimes listing blank revisions - this has now been resolved.
- Fixed edit summaries being incorrectly positioned in the editor's preview dialog.
- Fixed 'toclimit' functionality no longer working due to missing classes.
- Blocked users were unable to post on their own Message Walls.
- The right rail chat module would show no users in chat, after a wiki was renamed.
- The video tool was not respecting file page creation protection.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The maximum file size for background images in Theme Designer is increased to 300kb.
- The "no split" fluid background option is now available for backgrounds 2000px wide and larger (it was previously 2200px or larger).
- Forum highlights will now expire after 7 days have elapsed.
- Several features are updated with the new modal design, including login, profile editing, toolbar editing and Promote.
- Edit counts (as seen on profile pages) now include deleted contributions. As a result, edit counts for some users will increase. This is both to improve performance and reduce confusing variance.
- Forum is available on Special:WikiFeatures for all languages.
- On tablets, when the right rail content is moved to the bottom for "portrait" orientation, the modules are arranged in two columns.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- The classic/original visual editor is currently disabled in Internet Explorer 11 due to major changes introduced in that version of the browser. The new visual editor is not yet supported in any version of Internet Explorer, though support is planned for the future.
- Some page histories and user contribution lists do not load properly in Safari 7.0.1.
- We are investigating issues around images not always showing the latest revision.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|