Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The "minor edit" checkbox was appearing when creating a new page.
- Conversely, blog post edits could not be marked as minor.
Other Notable Changes
- We have implemented support for undoing revisions and editing past revisions to the blog editor (Special:CreateBlogPage).
- The way messages are handled in Wiki-navigation has been changed slightly to avoid confusion. A MediaWiki page will only be treated as a magic word if it's prefixed with 'MediaWiki:'. Current messages have already been replaced by the updated content, so most of this change has already been addressed.
- The headings of the right rail modules Latest Photos and Related Videos have been changed to Photos and Videos, respectively.
- Direct links to blog comments will now visibly indicate which comment you were linked.
Select Known Issues
- Facebook integration is not working on wikis with custom domain names.
- Deleting an article comment is currently only deleting the selected post and not any replies to that post. The replies still exist and will need to be manually deleted.
- Leaving an edit page is not triggering a warning message when the only change is within the category module.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|