Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- The iPad app Palantir is now available! Palantir is a companion to the upcoming game Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, and can sync with the game trailer and game audio to present helpful content from the Wikia community in real time.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Recent Changes no longer sometimes shows the 'block' option to those without the block right.
- Shared Help pages will now display correctly in the mobile skin.
- Editing help pages that aren't part of Shared Help will no longer show a notice referring to that feature.
- In the video embed tool, the "This preview is not to scale" text will no longer break the dialog's layout in some languages.
- We've made some tweaks to try and help ensure deleted user-related pages are properly removed from Google search results.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We are dropping active support for Internet Explorer 9 and Safari 5.x, as previously announced in this blog post. If you are using one of those browsers, we strongly recommend updating to a newer version or switching to another browser - you can find useful links here.
- Interlanguage links no longer require clicking 'Show all' to see the full list of available languages, and their alignment has been improved.
- Text wordmarks are limited to 50 characters.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Chat users on Chrome may have experienced high CPU usage and lag due to a bug introduced in a recent version of Chrome - a fix was released yesterday. To check for Chrome updates, visit 'About Google Chrome' on the browser's menu.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|