Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Special:Forum was slow to load on wikis with very active forums.
- Formatting errors could break the layout of thread pages, in some cases.
- The wide table popout tool was showing duplicate sorting arrows.
- Links to shared help pages were listed on Special:WantedPages.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- Templates can now be used in Forum board descriptions. Templates will be displayed on board pages, but will not be displayed on Special:Forum.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Database dumps on Special:Statistics have recently been showing "Unknown" for the links to the latest dumps.
- Some links are showing up as raw HTML code instead of the actual link. Please report any instances of oddly coded links.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|