Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- In the classic visual editor (CK), when the wikitext for an image or video did not include the "thumb" parameter or a directional parameter (left, right or center), the content was floated left. It will now be floated right by default.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Thumbnail media within infoboxes (using the 'infobox' class) will no longer have margins around them.
- Minor edits to community messages will no longer trigger user notifications.
- Buttons in the VisualEditor will be more appropriately themed, and the editor loading failures will be more graceful.
- On tablet computers in portrait mode, tapping on an image or video will link to the File page rather than open the media lightbox.
Select Known Issues
- Licensed Video Swap may be unavailable for use between Wednesday and Friday, due to planned maintenance.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|