Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- User pages on www.wikia.com will now correctly redirect to community.wikia.com
- Improved file page 'Appears on these pages' display for media embedded in comments and posts
- Editing a section with the visual editor disabled incorrectly forced two linespaces between sections - this was fixed last week.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- The script to convert existing YouTube tags to File pages (mentioned last week) began running on Monday June 17.
- Updated versions of the My Wikia (1.0.1) and Game Guides (2.1) apps are now available.
- Update on Twitter streams: We announced Twitter's change in API code back in March of this year. Users were urged to switch over to Twitter Timelines. Twitter has finally retired its old API and is only supporting the new Timelines. You can read detailed documentation on Twitter's site. If your Twitter feed has stopped working, please read our help page for step-by-step instructions on how to set up the new Timeline on your wiki.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- With the visual editor disabled, re-selecting a message wall or forum text area will extend its height by roughly 20px each time you repeat the process.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|