Here are the latest technical updates on FANDOM. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- IPv6 support is now live! This means you will start seeing some longer IPv6 IPs in place of IPv4 IPs for anonymous users - however, they will behave much the same. If you spot any problems, please let us know!
Major Bug Fixes
- We will fix an issue that could prevent existing accounts with a colon (":") in their name from logging in. (Note: this character is not allowed in new account names.)
- We recently fixed an issue that was causing the wikis in the 'Discover New Wikis' footer section to fail to update.
Other Notable Changes
- We will be retiring the "Give ChatMod status" menu option in Chat, due to the feedback that it is rarely needed, and too easily mis-clicked. Special:UserRights remains the primary method of granting (and removing) account rights.
- As previously mentioned on this blog post, we will be adding a button to featured videos that disables autoplay for two weeks.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|