Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- Page titles will no longer incorrectly line-break in the middle of words.
- Unintended lines will no longer appear below bloglist and chat module headings.
- Images shared from Wikimedia Commons will display correctly.
- Changes will no longer be incorrectly attributed to an IP (127.0.0.1) during creation of a brand new wikia.
- The subject of a followed page (watchlist) email resulting from an anonymous article edit will no longer be stuck in English for non-English users.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Another round of email updates is coming! This week, these emails will be updated:
- Notifications related to email confirmation and email changes, and around resetting passwords.
- Notifications about pages being added to followed categories.
- Notifications for community founders about new edits, general editing activity, and new members.
Select Known Issues
- The Facebook Page plugin is stubbornly refusing to display in the Community Messages module on Wiki Activity.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|