Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- On communities with Forums enabled but Message Wall disabled, links to user talk pages were pointing to the wrong destination. A fix for this is already live.
- Several issues with preview widths and heights in the classic editor will be fixed, and further tweaks are planned.
- The classic editor's automatic edit summaries (e.g. section titles, undo revision notes) will be fixed.
- Sections on the global navigation's hub dropdown will no longer sometimes get split across the two columns.
- The wikia creation process will no longer have layout issues on RTL languages (e.g. Hebrew).
- Links to empty talk pages will correctly be red (instead of blue).
- An issue that could cause odd image thumbnail placement will be fixed.
- It will now be possible to add and remove the Facebook link from the global portion of the user profile. (Some users had added the link via importing data from Facebook and it had been uneditable).
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Special:Contact will allow multiple files to be attached at once!
- The light theme's wikitext highlighting for syntax highlighting will be dimmed, becoming a bit less like a bowl of candy.
- We've been working on some tweaks to the Chat feature to improve stability and prevent situations where users could end up appearing as another user - this work is ongoing, but please do send us bug reports if you run into trouble on Chat, as this will help us gauge the success of the work.
- Last week the Recent Photos module in the right rail was removed. We apologize for the failure to note this in last week's technical update.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|