Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Thank you for your patience as we resolved the issues that arose during the past week. It became necessary to disable DPL for a brief time, and some pages (such as old-style forums) may still show the effects of that. If DPL-related code is showing on pages on your wiki, manually editing the page and saving it will fix it for all users on the wiki. The updates from last week's cancelled release will be included in this week's update.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The editor's minimum height has been reduced. It was unintentionally increased in a previous release, causing the last line of the editor to be inaccessible or adding scroll bars to unnecessarily appear on smaller screens.
- Adding a category that already exists on an article will no longer result in all categories temporarily disappearing from view.
- Editing comments will no longer sometimes result in entities unintentionally changing states (such as "
<" changing to "
- Fixed extra line spaces being added to tables in certain situations.
- Fixed videos with "quotation marks" in their name sometimes failing to play correctly.
Other Notable Changes
- Forum boards are now also sortable by newest and oldest thread creation dates.
- Here on Community Central, the older Admin Forums have been archived. Threads related to wiki administration can be found on the Community Management Forum Board.
- Twitter is changing their API and retiring their old API. Wikis that are using the old API may have to change their Twitter code to reflect the new API. You can read more on Twitter's Developer site. We have also updated the help page with step-by-step instructions to use this new system. If you need help beyond Twitter's help page, please contact us.
Select Known Issues
- Clicking to post a comment or reply in IE10 can send you to the top of the page while it opens the mini editor.
- The switch to enable achievements is not currently functioning on some wikis.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|