Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The right side of the page will no longer be overlapped by the browser scrollbar at certain resolutions.
- The local navigation bar will no longer 'jut out' towards the wordmark at certain resolutions.
- The 'Community Messages' module heading size will be fixed.
- An issue that could cause errors when creating a new wikia has been fixed - this fix is already live.
- An issue that prevented editing on Finnish wikias has been fixed - this fix is also already live.
- Several bug fixes for the updated site layout have already gone live, which are listed here.
Select Known Issues
- The technical team are continuing to work on further fixes around the updated site layout, including: not being able to zoom out while on a mobile device, and text sizes being overly large on some Wall, Forum and Blog related pages.
We are working to have fixes live for these soon.Fixes for these two issues will also go live with tomorrow's release.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|