Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The filename for .ogg files now displays properly on Special:NewFiles.
- On file pages, the file history table will be treated the same as a wide table within an article, and add a button to expand it to its full width if needed.
- On the updated file page layout, links to article talk pages were not being properly displayed.
- Video thumbnails in galleries now display correctly.
- Multiple tweaks to the welcome system to improve performance and user experience.
Other Notable Changes
- In the Monobook skin, the previous layout for file pages is restored.
Select Known Issues
- Category:Video is being removed from the video file page when a non-Wikia Video Library video is added to an article via the Video Embed Tool.
- On file pages, descriptions for images from Wikimedia Commons are being adding to the File History tab rather than the About tab.
- If a new version of a video has been reverted, the video does not return to original version and becomes an image.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|