Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- An issue that could cause some infoboxes not to display on iOS devices has been fixed. This fix is already live.
- Issues recently affecting RuneScape Wiki have been fixed. This fix is already live.
- An issue that could cause the 'your account is unconfirmed' banner to show multiple times at once will be fixed.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- If the '/wiki/' is missing from a URL, we will now always add it. (Previously, this would only occur if a matching article name existed.)
- We will be reducing the number of H1s on a page from four to one, leaving the article title H1. This may potentially affect some custom CSS - the other H1s (such as the wordmark) have been converted to H2s. This does not affect H1s used within article content, though these remain discouraged.
Select Known Issues
- A rogue elephant recently sat on the Visual/Source tabs in the classic editor, causing them to get a little squished. They are receiving medical attention, and should be back to their normal selves in the next site update.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|