Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- "Button" color could not be changed in ThemeDesigner. (This fix is already live)
- Tables of Contents were getting confused by pages that skipped heading levels (e.g. not starting with an H2).
- Slideshows sometimes used the interface language of the last person to edit the page.
- Editing or highlighting a forum thread could cause a user to unintentionally unfollow the thread.
- In fluid layout, there were overlapping elements in the Editor's header area at smaller browser sizes.
- Thumbnail images were not displaying for videos, in some cases.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The design for modals (the inset pop-up windows found throughout Wikia) has been updated for the Forum, Message Wall and Chat features. The new design is more optimized for fluid layout and different display sizes. Modals in other features will be updated with the new design in the future.
Select Known Issues
- The wiki navigation editor preview for fluid wikis is cut off at the edges.
- Some ads on fluid width wikis can overlap the content area at wide widths. We are currently working with our ad networks to resolve this issue.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|