Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Portable infoboxes now support tabbed images on desktop and image galleries on mobile, meaning you can now showcase multiple images in your infobox. Visit the discussion here if you'd like to learn more!
Major Bug Fixes
- Links within
<poem>lists in portable infoboxes are no longer removed.
- An issue that prevented some SVG images from displaying will be fixed.
- Saving images with special characters in their name to your device will now retain those characters (instead of replacing them with spaces).
- An issue that prevented some images from being selected in the classic editor's 'Add photo' dialog will be fixed.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- For security reasons, the Verbatim feature will be retired later this week. Please see this forum thread for more details on why this change is being made, and how to deal with it.
- A custom prefix will be added to the MediaWiki namespace whitelist -
MediaWiki:Custom-*"- allowing free-form message names to be created.
- We are continuing to roll out JS review process - while most reasonably active communities already have it enabled, we will soon be adding all communities which already have any community JS.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|