Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- On Curated Main Pages, it was sometimes not possible to add a sixth category to a section. This fix is already live.
- Portable infobox images will be prioritized when articles are shared on social media.
- Text labels in Facebook widgets/plugins will now be localized according to a user's language preference (or the wikia's content language, for those not logged in).
- Users logging on international Community Centrals will no longer be sent to blank pages.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We recently introduced native support for Weibo widgets (popular with Chinese users). This is already available - see the Chinese-language help page for details!
- We will be introducing a new Special:Contact form dedicated to security issue reports.
Select Known Issues
- Some users' email addresses are repeatedly becoming unconfirmed. In most cases these are email addresses hosted by Yahoo. We are exploring both the root cause and a quick solution to stop the unconfirmations.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|