Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Go Search was not working correctly in some cases.
- <mainpage/> tags were not working properly in Monobook.
- Recent Changes namespace filter was not working as intended.
- Lazy loading images was causing image galleries to look odd.
Other Notable Changes
- New, simpler code for the default infobox templates, with much less inline CSS, is included on all new wikis. This update will not replace the templates on existing wikis. Admins wishing to update the infobox templates on existing wikis can view the updates on the Infobox Update Wiki. Advanced users can view the template code to get the CSS classes for local customization.
- Message Wall has been moved from Labs to Features on Special:WikiFeatures.
- The automatic welcome messages will no longer substitute templates contained inside the message. This allows the use of templates on user's pages in the same manner they are typically used on content pages; a verbatim copy.
Select Known Issues
- ImageMaps are displaying incorrectly in the Wikia skin.
- Attempting to edit an undo page with a lot of changes is impossible; the edit window cannot be scrolled to.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about Technical Updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.