Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The theme selected while creating a new wiki was not carrying through to the finished wiki. (This fix is already live)
- Messages in the 'ReplaceText' extension were not working correctly.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Special:AchievementsCustomize now has a 'Save changes' button at the bottom as well as the top. Thanks go to the Volunteer Developer team for this one.
- Both Special:LicensedVideoSwap and its Admin Dashboard icon will now indicate when a swapping candidate has been newly added to the list.
- Later this week, Wikia will begin transferring images to a new file storage system. This will be done on a wiki-by-wiki basis, with the smaller, older wikis getting updated first. When the script is transferring the images on your wiki, uploads on your wiki will be disabled. This process will be done quietly on the backend and there will be no major disruption to your wiki other than the disabled uploading. Uploads will be disabled for a small period of time, usually less than an hour.
Select Known Issues
- We are continuing to investigate a couple of issues with Tables of Contents since they were switched to Lazy Loading last week. Thank you for all your reports.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|