Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Category tags were being duplicated when an article was edited, in some cases.
- The right rail was shifting position when the browser zoom level was changed.
- Messaging for the built in collapsible elements will now show up correctly.
- Chat PMs were not able to be received from user that was recently unblocked.
- Visual editor was not loading in pre-release versions of Firefox (Beta, Aurora and Nightly) due to a different user agent setting.
- Undoing a large edit now shows the edit screen as intended.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- On Community Central's search page, a filter for "Help pages" was added.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- iPads are not able to load the visual editor or article comments at this time.
- Twitter and Google Plus links are currently not working in the Lightbox Player.
- A link to a non-existent "wikia:Utils" is showing up in the navigation menu when using the #newlychanged# magic word.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|