Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Category tags were being duplicated when an article was edited, in some cases.
- The right rail was shifting position when the browser zoom level was changed.
- Messaging for the built in collapsible elements will now show up correctly.
- Chat PMs were not able to be received from user that was recently unblocked.
- Visual editor was not loading in pre-release versions of Firefox (Beta, Aurora and Nightly) due to a different user agent setting.
- Undoing a large edit now shows the edit screen as intended.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- On Community Central's search page, a filter for "Help pages" was added.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- iPads are not able to load the visual editor or article comments at this time.
- Twitter and Google Plus links are currently not working in the Lightbox Player.
- A link to a non-existent "wikia:Utils" is showing up in the navigation menu when using the #newlychanged# magic word.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|