Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- An issue with the new login form (seen on Community Central and most international counterparts), where you are not always immediately showed as logged in, will be fixed.
- We recently pushed a fix for confirmation emails not always being successfully sent.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We are introducing native support for VK widgets (popular with Russian users). This is already live - see the Russian help page for details!
- To tell whether it is enabled on your community, view a community JS page and look for the right rail review module.
- We know that almost every community is interested in having this enabled! For now, we aren't taking beta requests - but we are working hard to get this rolled out for more and more communities. We'll provide updates on our progress in future technical updates.
- If you have feedback on the tool, please let us know via Special:Contact/feedback!
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|