Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Last week we launched the Special:Promote tool. Read more about that if you haven't already!
- In the Wikia Mobile skin, after logging in, you will see your avatar in the top navigation bar.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The image lightbox was not working on wikis running MediaWiki 1.16.
- A number of minor issues with the new importArticles() method were knocked out in one fell swoop. Click here for a full list of fixed bugs on that tool.
Other Notable Changes
- The font used in Mini-Editor's source mode has been updated for better sitewide font consistency.
- The "Blocked" flag will now display on the User Profile of blocked IP addresses.
- Over 37,500 wikis are now on MediaWiki 1.19, meaning more than 4,000 wikis were upgraded to the new platform last week. As we have announced on a few staff blogs in recent days, if your wiki is still on 1.16 and you would like to ensure your wiki moves to the top of the upgrade queue, please send an email to staff through Special:Contact.
Select Known Issues
- In the Chat module on the right rail, the arrows on the avatar slider are not working.
- Deselecting "commenting" on a user blog does not make the blog comment box disappear.
- Sortable table arrows are black on dark skins.
- The latest comments watchlist email links to the top of page, not directly to the article comment section.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|