Adopting a wikia is easy, but also hard. I created this blog to tell you about adopting a wikia. So lets get started!
Rules Of Adopting Before You Adopt
- The Wikia has to be at least 2 months old.
- You must have been editing there for 1/2 weeks.
- If someone else has been editing there for a while, you can still adopt it.
Do's And Don'ts
- Don't just request for admin or bcrat rights because you want it.
- Do make good edits only.
- Don't vandalize the wiki then adopt it.
- Do make pages for un-added templates.
- Do help other people.
- Don't be mean to other contributors
There are more do's and don'ts that you probably know, but some you don't know. You can also ask helpful contributors to become rollback/moderator/admin/bcrat if you want, but make sure you trust the contributors before you make them rollback, moderator, admin, etc.
Building a community Advertise your wiki on blogs or the forum to get a few attracted contributors to the wiki. Build up loads of pages (50 or 100) to get more contributors attracted. Don't forget to add pictures to your articles and add good information! For more info, go to: Help:Building a community
(Note: I am not staff)