Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- The Search interface is updated with a new look! The filter options are now listed vertically on the left side. New filter options are "People", for searching the User namespace, and "Blog", for the Blog namespace (when enabled). The little-used "Help and Project pages" filter has been removed. The filter labels "Content Pages" and "Multimedia" have been changed to "Articles" and "Photos and Videos". Ads, when seen, will now be on the right side.
- In the Wikia Mobile skin, the WikiNav drop down's height is now variable and will not take up any more space than is needed.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The Monobook skin will no longer attempt to load the mini-editor for article and blog comments. The feature was not designed to work in that skin and thus was not functioning properly when it accidentally found its way into the skin.
- Article comment links from contribution pages were not linking directly to the proper comment.
- The "number of videos on this wiki" figure was incorrect.
Other Notable Changes
- You may have noticed new files on your wiki with "Wikia Visualization" in the file name. We kindly request that admins leave these files in place, their purpose will be made clear later this week when a new wiki promotion tool is formally released, one which we are very excited about.
- 3,500 more wikis were upgraded to MediaWiki 1.19 this week. The total number of wikis on 1.19 is now at 33,500.
- We need your input! If you use or are interested in using mapping services on your wiki, please visit this page and participate in the discussion.
Select Known Issues
- WikiFeatures logs are not showing up in Recent Changes.
- The "Search" option in the floating user toolbar has stopped working.
- Maths formulas (<math>) have white backgrounds. They should be transparent.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|