1. Read through pages 4-7 from textbook and answer questions from Exercises 1.1 on page 7.
2. Define and describe the following keywords:
- Ergonomics is the study of people's efficiency in their working environment.
- Repetitive Strain Injury is a condition where the constant performance of repetitive actions, typically with the hands, causes pain or impairment of function in the tendons and muscles involved.
3. Discuss the following question: Should software designers and developers be responsible for
the operator’s use ofhardware? Eg. time limited usage of video games, warning messages
before use of a program.
I think the software designers should focus just on the operator's needs e.g. easy to use GUI and the overall design of the software/hardware and then depending on what the software will be used for or the profit needs of the company then the developer can worry about the marketing/selling of the product. Honestly overall the designers and the developers of a game or software shouldn't be responsible for the operator's personal problems that occur when using said software. If the game is too addictive is it really the developers responsibility to make it less addictive just to suit the few players that cant stop playing it?