Yesterday I tried Layout Builder on my wiki, and, I got way more satisfaction than I got with createplates. But it's still not perfect. Here is a list of all cons I noticed:
- 1 Input boxes are too long
- 2 Optional sections
- 3 No ability to port page to a layout
- 4 IDs of widgets do not increase in code editing mode
Wikia, make an option to change input fields size between two-lined and one-lined. I liked one-lined infobox input in createplates. But now, more than 3/4 of my layouts is infobox filling. We don't need entire line for two words and even one number.
Wikia, make Section widget along with Paragraph one. Paragraph is simple multi-lined input, and if it's optional and blank, and it's only thing in a section, then the section will be empty, and unne…
Read more >
Wikia, why did you change middle-click function on images on wikis? Originally it leaded to information about file, now it leads to FILE ITSELF. You removed very useful thing, Wikia. You want to work for users, but you work against them and against usability. Stop ruining our wikis.
Happens only on Call of Duty Wiki. Wikia, you are not stupid, please fix the error.Read more >
Wikia, bring back old upload form! The new one doesn't have extensions list and MediaWiki:Uploadtext, which reading is required on my wiki.
You don't care about quality, Wikia. You care only about simplicity and ease to new users. But simplicity =/= quality.Read more >
Wikia, ?useskin=monobook still works completely on wikis, and ?useskin=monaco partially works. Fix that error.Read more >
I see many blog posts complaining about image attribution on Wikia. Attribution MUST be removed. Why?
- Most images are fair-use, and the uploader is not author.
- Why image uploaders are marked, and text editors are not? All editors should be equal.
- I've never seen image attribution in paper encyclopedias. Wikis are electronic encyclopedias.
- It's not important for content to mark image uploaders.