I changed my opinion about Monaco. Monaco and MonoBook MUST be deleted.
- If there will be more than one skin, admins shall customize every skin. That ruins ease and quickness of wiki creating.
- Theme designer is easy, CSS is hard for admins with low CSS knowledge.
- Again, CSS. In Terms of Service said that all wikis must have same customization abilities. CSS editing is easy to break this rule.
Answering to some requests that users can post:
- Enabling Monaco only for Monaco-ready wikis: stupid, as users may like Monaco, but they won't see they favorite skin on all wikis.
- Enabling Monaco for chosen-by-Wikia wikis: all wikis are equal.
- Theme designer for Monaco/MonoBook: good idea, but Monaco/MonoBook will be still configurable by editing CSS.
And, one request: add easier access for most important messages on wiki such as MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation, make a button in My Tools or add edit message> everywhere. It was hard for me to find CSS for customizing Monaco, and hard to find navigation line.
And remove MonoBook. Most wikis have it not customized.