Being a foodie yet health conscious, Susanne Deprado is an amazing cook.Today she is sharing her favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie recipe with us.
Alternate names for this recipe: Skinny Peanut Butter Cup Dairy Queen Blizzard, Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake, Heaven On Earth.
What you need:
· 1 large banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
· 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
· 6 oz Chobani 0% Greek Yogurt (or 2%, flavored or unflavored)
· 3/4 cup skim milk (or your favorite kind of nondairy or dairy milk)
· 1 Tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or agave
· 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
Put all of the ingredients into the blender, in the order listed, and blend on high until thick and smooth. Start with only 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder, blend, and then add 1 more for a stronger chocolate taste. You may need to stop and stir/scrape down the sides of the blender a few times. Drizzle glass with 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup (optional) and enjoy!
If you prefer a less sweet smoothie, you may leave out the honey. Add more peanut butter for a stronger peanut butter taste. Add more milk to make the smoothie thinner, if desired. Add 1
cup of your favorite greens for added nutrition.
Tastes like ice cream, not kidding. Try it!