Tips for Admins
When you block someone you often get abuse from their "wiki friends" unless you get a lot of the same type of messages from other users I suggest you reply to the user telling them the reason for the block and to tell their friend to wait it out.
- For long blocks always consult other admins of the wiki
- Listen to user block requests and take all of them seriously
- Have an email for users to appeal their blocks to,it helps keep wiki staff talks and inboxes spam free :)
- Allow the user to edit their talk so they can appeal for blocks
- Make sure you block the user for the right time limit here are so suggestions
- Removing Content From Pages1 day- 1 week(depending on the history of the user's blocks)
- SockpuppetersInfinitely and warn the main account maybe ban this too
- Swearing/Cursing(Depends on Local Wiki Rules)Up to 1 month
- Remember don't abuse this admin power!
Tips for the Blocked
Being blocked is always hard being unable to edit,comment or chat on wiki chat.However if you know you did wrong I suggest you live through your block it wont kill you.Just edit somewhere else for a while.
- Don't Complain to wikia staff about your local blocks as really it has nothing to do with them
- Don't make a copycat wiki this may make your block longer
- If you think you have been unfairly blocked contact an admin on your talk there(if possible) if not contact that same user on another wiki.
- Don't use rude language if you have been blocked
- If you feel it is admin abuse you can now contact wiki using Special:Contact or going here
Hope this Helps
looking for help on your wiki's theme check out The Perfect Theme