Bureaucrats are like the executive board of a wiki,they manage the wiki and promote others to help them.Like many "boards" you cant demote a Bureaucrat unless you are the powers above(Wikia Helpers and Staff) or unless the Bureaucrat demotes him/herself.On a wiki there is little need for lots of Bureaucrats as they are just required to promote or demote user's user rights by Special:UserRights.
How to become a BureaucratEdit
If you feel you need the user right Bureaucrat then here are some top tips on becoming a Bureaucrat.
- You automatically get Bureaucrat rights when you found a wiki
- Don't ask for the Bureaucrat rights,earn them by helping out your wiki's community
- Work together with the current Bureaucrats and your actions may not go unnoticed
- Don't go round collecting Admin and Bureaucrat rights on other wikis,this will make the Bureaucrats of the wiki untrustworthy of you and you may even lose your current rights
What can I do as a BureaucratEdit
- You can as I explained demote admins and rollbacks or yourself using Special:UserRights.
- If a bot is unneeded on a wiki you can also remove its flag using Special:UserRights.
- That is pretty much it though all these powers are on top of Admin Powers.
How to be a good BureaucratEdit
These tips will help you become a popular and trusted Bureaucrat in your wiki community.
- Promote/Demote wisely,I suggest having a community vote before and Demotions or Promotions take place.
- Don't abuse your powers,you have the power to remove admins and rollback's power don't abuse this by demoting someone because the upset you or you don't like them