- Things that act together to achieve a common purpose in other words they all work together to fulfill one purpose.
- you need components or resources.
- the way the system works is known as the processes of the system.
- almost all systems are themselves made up of smaller sub-systems and similarly almost all systems are part of larger systems.
- everything that is influenced by the system is called the environment.
- example of a system is the braking system in a bar fulfills the need to slow down the car.
Diagrammatic Representation of a System
- IPO charts identify how specific inputs are transformed into outputs.